Mission : We are Gods Family through the common bond of faith in Jesus Christ. In gratitude for Gods love and grace, and empowered by the Spirit, we commit ourselves to grow in Gods love, to worship God faithfully, to nurture one another, to share the Gospel, and to help those in need. History : While many events in the history of a church can be chronicled and dated, the real history is not so much in the buildings and equipment, the improvement and the plans for expansion -- as in the witness, fellowship, and programs of the church. We pray Gods continued blessings upon His church at Cary Presbyterian. We are thankful for the foresight, vision, dedication, and the foundation that our charter members have laid for us at Cary Presbyterian Church. Following is a chronological trip down Memory Lane remembering some of CPCs milestones by decade. 1950s - The first worship service was held on Sept. 5, 1954, at Cary High School, with the first Sunday School class on Sept. 12, 1954 - The commissioning service was held on Feb. 20, 1955, Rev. Charles E. Johnson, Jr., was called as the first Pastor. - Land for the church was purchased on March 1, 1955, with groundbreaking held on Nov. 6, 1955. The first worship service at the site was held on that day. Much of the labor and materials for the sanctuary were donated. - The first worship service in the new church was held on Sept. 9, 1956. Sixty-seven charter members were on the roll. - Rev. James W. McGinnis become pastor in Jan. 1958. - The first church-sponsored state-approved kindergarten program in Cary began at the church in Sept. 1958. - The first Boy Scout program in Cary was started at Cary Presbyterian Church.