A Brief History: The Capac Library has a proud history. It became the first branch to join the St. Clair County Library, the predecessor of the current library system, in 1919. During its early years, the library was housed in local stores. The library has been in several different locations through the years including the Village Hall, the Enders' building, the Barth building and its present location on North Main Street. The current library was dedicated on April 19,1970. The Capac Library serves a population of over 2,000 residents. The library offers a wide range of materials in a variety of formats as well as offering many programming events and Internet access for the public.