The Canton, Ohio Chapter was chartered on July 11, 1945, under the direction of the Society for the Preservation and Encouragement of Barbershop Quartet Singing in America, Inc. This was done to provide a musical opportunity to Canton area men, who love to sing and perform in four part barbershop style. The Canton Chapter was represented by 35 men in the very first international chorus contest, held in Detroit in 1953. The chorus placed sixth among sixteen competing choruses. In the mid 1950s, both the Canton Chapter and nearby Massillon Chapter experienced a lull in their membership. This provided the opportunity for the two chapters to merge, into the Stark County Chapter on July 9, 1955. When the National Football League decided to make Canton the home, for their Hall of Fame in 1964, the chapter officially changed its name to the Canton Chapter. It was then that the chorus became the Hall of Fame Chorus. The Canton Chapter is a member of the Johnny Appleseed District, which covers 59 chapters in Ohio, western Pennsylvania, and West Virginia. Overall, there are over 800 chapters residing in sixteen districts throughout the United states and Canada. The Hall of Fame Chorus is a charter member of the Johnny Appleseed District, belonging to the Barbershop Harmony Society. We are the proud owners of two district championships, along with the honor of representing our district at two international chorus competitions. We are an ever growing fraternity of barbershop style singers dedicated to the preservation and encouragement of barbershop harmony in our community and schools. We strive to teach our members to perform at the highest level of their ability in a social and recreational environment, while creating in each member, a sense of pride, fulfillment, belonging, and achievement.