Saint Andrew's our mission is to worship God through our Lord Jesus Christ, to seek the guidance of the Holy Spirit in all that we do and to share God's love in the world through our sacraments, stewardship, outreach, education and fellowship. The Mission of St Andrew's was organized at Millican, Texas in August 1866 by Bishop Alexander Gregg. Services were held at the local school house. There was no clergyman, but by the license of the Bishop services were read by lay persons. Traveling clergy did stop by, to preach and baptize, sometimes staying a week. The Mission moved from Millican the following year. A yellow fever epidemic reduced the population of Millican from 600 to 300 and the railroad from Houston was extended to Bryan. The first Episcopal services in Bryan were held on the 10th of November, 1867 by the visiting priest A.J. Yeater. The parish was organized at a meeting held on December 10, 1867 in the office of George D. Haswell.