History : Located in Cook County, Illinois, on the outskirts of Chicago, the Village of Broadview was incorporated on December 6, 1914. Settled largely by farmers of German descent, Broadviews first Village President was Jacob Mueller, who was elected to that position by the approximately 200 Village residents. Located on a tract of land known as Sections 15, 21 and 22, Township 39 North, Range 12, East of the Third Principal Meridian, Broadview got its name from Jacob Muellers daughter, Elizabeth Cote, who suggested that the Village be named after the Illinois Central Railroad depot, which at that time was named Broadview. In these early days, it was a common practice to give existing railroad depots names because the maps at that time usually identified only larger cities and all railroad depots by name. By naming the Village after the railroad depot, Broadview was on the map not only as a railroad station name, but also as a village. Today, the Village of Broadview has grown to a population of 8,466, according the 2000 United States Census. It now encompasses approximately 1.3 square miles of land and comprises about 2,300 residential homes, 70 multi-family units, 95 commercial businesses and 150 industrial businesses.