Longwood Pediatrics is a private pediatric practice that has been serving patients in the greater Boston area for more than 75 years. All of our providers maintain close ties to Childrens Hospital Boston. Our unique location in the Longwood Medical Area allows us ready access to each of the three hospitals (Childrens, Beth Israel, and Brigham & Womens) in the area.You can read below for a little more history about the practice, and then click on the links at the left to find out more about each of the providers and our specific affiliations with the surrounding hospitals. Longwood Pediatrics HistoryThe group that became Longwood Pediatrics began in 1935 when two prominent pediatricans, Dr. Stewart H. Clifford and Dr. James M. Baty began working together. The Baty/Clifford practice moved to 1101 Beacon Street and was enlarged to include Dr. Olga Allers in 1941 and Dr. John Hubbell in 1947. In the 1950s, Dr.s Manning, Sears, Drorbough, and Murray Pendleton were asked to join the practice. When several partners relocated, Dr.s Allers, Hubbell, Sears and Drorbough and Muirhead moved to 454 Brookline Avenue, Boston. In 1968, a suite at 319 Longwood Avenue opened, and the final move was accomplished. At this time, a formal partnership agreement was developed and the name Longwood Pediatric Associates was assumed.In 1969, Dr. John Cloherty, a neonatologist and general pediatrician joined the practice. When Dr. Drorbough left on his round-the-world adventure in 1970, Dr. Mary Scott, a Pediatrician and Endocrinologist joined the practice. In 1979, Dr. Hubbell took a two-year sabbatical to become the Chief of Pediatrics at Jeddah Medical Center in Saudi Arabia, making room for Dr. Allen Goorin, an Oncologist and Pediatrician to join Longwood.Shortly after Dr. Hubbells return in 1982, Dr. Leonard Rappaport joined the practice, followed in 1988 by Dr. Amy Ryan, both of whom are also Developmental Pediatricians. Many of these doctors continued to practice their subspecialities at Childrens Hospital, the Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Brigham and Womens Hospital, and saw their primary care patients at 319 Longwood Avenue.The 1990s saw the addition of 3 general pediatricians with close ties to Childrens Hospital: Dr. Robert Michaels in 1990, Dr. Gregory Young in 1991, and Dr. Louis Vernacchio in 1996. Though each had or has research or administrative roles outside the practice, their clinical practice has always been general pediatrics in our office.In the first decade of the 2000s, Dr.s Allen Goorin and Mary Scott retired after many years of service to the practice and their patients. Dr. Leonard Rappaport became the full time Chief of Developmental Pediatrics at Childrens Hospital Boston, and left Longwood Pediatrics. To fill these shoes and accommodate our growing practice, we added another 5 Childrens-affiliated general pediatricians all of whom trained in or practiced primary care in the Boston area: Dr. Eleanor Menzin in 2001, Dr. Kristie Koppenheffer in 2006, Dr. Elizabeth Binney in 2007, Dr. Daniel OConnor in 2007 and Dr. Margaret Manion in 2008.Much has changed since 2 pediatricians joined forces nearly 75 years ago. We may no longer make house-calls, but we now have instant access to computerized medical records and cutting edge technology across the street at Childrens Hospital.What remains unchanged is our strong affiliation with Childrens Hospital and our unwavering commitment to providing your children with the best primary care possible.