History: On April 10, 1870, in a house on the corner of Third and Washington Street, Plans were made for organizing a Baptist Church in Bicknell, Indiana. Members held their worship services in the Methodist Church building while plans were made to construct the new church. john Bicknell, founder of the city donated the ground, Eli Chambers and his sons made the bricks, and the lumber was hauled from a farm near Wheatland. Due to a lack of funds, it took seven years to build the brick building, which is part of the present structure. When the church building was completed, the congregation chose as their pastor, Warren C Keith, who was paid a salary of $120 a year. John Bicknell was the first janitor and received a monthly salary of 25 cents. A parsonage was built just south of the church building in 1903. Community hall, built by the city in 1922, was purchased by the church. The old parsonage was demolished in 1976 to make room for an addition onto the church, creating a new entrance, enlarging the sanctuary and adding an office and classroom. In 1995 propery across the street was purchased for a parking lot. The following year a major remodeling project added two now handicapped accessible restrooms and a new nursery along with several other much needed improvement. In 2000 major remodeling of the church kitchen took place. In 2004 the church purchased six old store fronts and demolished them to make room for much needed parking. During 1999 and 2000 the church increased the staff by the hiring of a secretary and a youth pastor. In order to accommodate more worshippers with varying styles of worship, in the spring of 2004, the church went to two services on Sunday morning.