Bethlehem TownshipBethlehem Township, Bethlehem, PA 18020
(610) 814-6405 Additional Contacts
Bethlehem Township was settled by Europeans as early as 1730. It became a part of Bucks County in 1737, the year of the famous Walking Purchase. The Township of Bethlehem came into existence in 1746. At that time, it was a political division of Bucks County, Pa. It got its name from the village of Bethlehem, which at that time was within the Township boundaries. The name "Bethlehem" was originally chosen by the German Moravian Brethren on Christmas Eve, 1741.