About Us The Bethany Library Association was founded in 1930 as a non-profit organization made up of Bethany townspeople for the purpose of acquiring and circulating books and other holdings as a service to Bethany residents. The Association operates and maintains the Clark Memorial Library using funds provided by annual grants from the town of Bethany and the State of Connecticut, by funds raised by Friends of the Bethany Library, and by income from endowments provided by many generous townspeople and local organizations. Noyes Clark donated the Clark Memorial Library in 1936. In 1995, a major addition was built that more than tripled the size of the original building. The building project was made possible by the donations of hundreds of Bethany's generous townspeople, businesses and organizations. In its objective to provide Bethany residents with information, educational, and recreational literary materials, the Library Association has equipped the library with several computers and word processing and reference programs as well as internet access for use by the public. The computerized card catalog is now in use, as well as the new bar-coded library cards, which are distributed to library patrons.