Anderson County Library - Belton Branch Library91 Breazeale St, Belton, SC 29627
Email this business
Before it was chartered in 1855, Belton was a major stop on the wagon trail leading from the Blue Ridge Mountain foothills to Augusta, Georgia. The town was named for Judge Belton ONeal, who was instrumental in the construction of the Greenville-Columbia railroad.The new branch library was completed in April 2004. The library was previously located as part of the old railroad depot that now serves as a community meeting hall. The new facility, 6,700 square feet in size, has room for 27,000 books, an expanded audiovisual collection, two tutoring rooms, a 50-seat meeting room, and workstations for ten computers.