Central Christian Church2460 Milwaukee Rd, Beloit, WI 53511
History: Central Christian Church was founded in 1907, by a group of people who had a vision for loving Jesus and living for Him. Centered on scripture and what the Bible says about being a Christ-follower, Central started out on meeting in homes. In 1911, the congregation decided to build their own building, and the first building campaign was begun. On May 30, 1911, 59 people gathered at the lot on the corner of Vernon and Adams, and erected a building there in one day. The first service in the first building was held that evening, with some people having to stand outside. This was a sign of things to come! The church continued to grow, and in 1922, 129 charter members were received into a reorganized church. They purchased an old Lutheran church building at 717 Bluff, and sold the original building. The church remained at this location for 34 years, and experienced even more growth. Around 1950, property was purchased at 322 Olympian Blvd. In 1953, fundraising was launched to fund construction of a new building, which was completed in 1956. The church moved again and flourished there for the next 33 years. In 1981, God was on the move, and called David Clark to serve as the senior pastor of Central Christian Church. God continued to expand the vision of Central Christian. The decision was made to purchase 10 acres of land on Milwaukee Road, and to build a new facility, which is now our chapel and some of our offices. This new location was moved into in December of 1989. Immediately, God blessed this step of faith with more Christ-followers becoming a part of Central Christian Church. The first service had almost 800 in attendance. In 1990, the average attendance was 476 in our weekend services. In 1991 and 1992, growth continued, and multiple services were added. This additional growth led to the decision to again expand our facility. The Family Life Center was completed in 1998, and became a great ministry tool for outreach and allowing for more seating in multiple services. God has blessed us to the point where more land was purchased, and now a new state of the art Worship Center, and Childrens center are nearing completion. Our attendance for 2006 is currently averaging between 1500 and 1800 each weekend in all of our services. God has always been moving and has a heart for the Stateline area. He keeps expanding our vision, and challenging us to do more. We hope you can come alongside us and see and experience God moving in this place and in your own life as well.