Century 21 Carolina Realty920 Bay St, Ste 2, Beaufort, SC 29902
Residential, Land and Commercial Listings and Sales, specializing in Beaufort County, serving City of Beaufort and surrounding areas including Town of Port Royal, Burton, Lady's Island, St. Helena Island, Fripp Island, Harbor Island, Dataw Island, Cat Island, Lobeco, Sheldon areas that are primarily north of the Broad River towards the Atlantic Ocean shores. We are a active member of the Beaufort Association of REALTORS and it's Beaufort Multiple Listing Service. Company originally organized in 1965 as Carolina Realty Company specializing in subdivision developing and property management services. In 1978 company purchased the franchise of CENTURY 21 and became known as CENTURY 21 Carolina Realty Company, Inc and became a leader in residential and land sales rather quickly in the Beaufort, SC area being the first national real estate franchise in the Beaufort area . In 1984 changed to at stockholder company with 13 of the agents each buying all of the available stocks offered and reorganized as Carolina Realty of Beaufort, Inc doing business as CENTURY 21 Carolina Realty, Inc. During the next fifteen years period of time, Wallace Thomas purchased ownership all of the available stocks and became the sole owner of the company In June 30,2000, the company moved from it's original base at 1203 Boundary Street to Downtown Beaufort on the Waterfront to the Thomas Law Building at 920 Bay Street, Beaufort, SC to capitalize on the walkin business from locals and tourist visiting our beautiful city, viewing the original central business district of many shops, art galleries, restaurants, Downtown Marina and the Downtown Waterfront Park which is directly behind our office. Our historic building was built in 1857 as a residence and became the Customs House and office of legendary Robert Smalls during the "War between the States" in 1861. During this period of time of Union Occupation, the Beaufort area was the Union Headquarters in the South, with many of the larger churches and older homes serving as hospitals and Headquarter Offices. Wallace Thomas's grandfather, William Joseph Thomas purchased the office building in 1900, which remains in the family ownership today.