Doing business for nearly a century, CAPLAN BROS., INC. was founded by Louis Caplan in the early 1920's on East Fayette Street in Baltimore, Maryland. His brothers Ben, Aaron, Sol, and Meyer joined him to become the leading window glass replacement provider in Central Maryland. The company expanded with locations at Central Avenue, Caroline and Lombard Streets. and added aluminum storefront and windows to its product line. In 1978, the company moved to its current 55,000 square foot warehouse on 700 W. Hamburg St. which is near Camden Yards and Ravens Stadium.