In the early 1940's, Horace Usry, The Fat Man, took over his father Darnell's grocery store, changing the name from Sanitary Curb Market to Fat Man's Corner. Soon after, the first restaurant, The Pit, appeared as a natural extension into food service. The Fat Man was an entrepreneur and promoter long before those words were used in business. The Fat Man's Corner thrived for years and eventually produced one of Augusta's landmarks, Fat Man's Forest. The seasonal store was a one of a kind wonderland. What followed was a domino effect. Soon came Christmas decorations, Christmas trees, a pumpkin patch, Halloween decorations, a haunted house, costume rentals, party supplies, and so much more! As the store grew and expanded, Fat Man's Cafe or The Pit was always there serving up Miss Pearl's famous fried chicken and squash casserole. Fat Man's Forest sadly closed in 2008, but the Fat Man's food service continued. Now located at historic Enterprise Mill, Fat Man's Mill Cafe along with the Enterprise Mill Events Center carries the Fat Man's name. From events to catering to dine-in lunch the Fat Man still does it all!