Rotary Club Of AtascaderoPO Box 100, Atascadero, CA 93423
History:The Atascadero Rotary Club was chartered March 20th 1950. The Club was sponsored by the Paso Robles Club. There were 22 charter members with Ralph Witmer 1950-1951, serving as the first club president. Women were first admitted to Rotary in 1989, Jackie Lerno served as the first female club president in the 1998-1999 Rotary year.The Club Foundation was formed in 1991 when Jack Stinchfield was president. Over the past 25 years the Club and Foundation have contributed in excess of $150,000 to local high school scholarships.The Atascadero Club has also been a generous supporter of Rotary International's Foundation, with over 140 Paul Harris Fellows having been sponsored. And the Club has been a major supporter of the Polio Plus campaign with over $50,000 contributed directly to Rotary International for the global eradication effort.Rotary is an international humanitarian service-driven organization of men and women selected for membership by their leadership roles in the various businesses and professions of the community.Rotarians have accepted the Ideal of Service as a basis for attaining fulfillment in their personal, professional, and community lives.