Vision : Apex Baptist Church is a fellowship of believers, who are Ambassadors for Christ. serving as a Bridge to the world, Connecting it to Christ and the truths of His world, offering hope and encouragement for such a time as this. II Corinthians 5:20 "Now then, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were pleading through us, we implore you on Christ's behalf, be reconciled to God. History : Apex Baptist Church had its beginnings in the early 1870's when residents of what was then called Log Pond met in homes to worship. In 1873, the area was incorporated as Apex and the small congregation of 28 people built their first church building on South Salem Street. As the congregation grew, the need for expansion resulted in a new church building constructed on our present site in 1912. Continued growth in the Apex area and at Apex Baptist Church, resulted in building expansions in 1951 and again in 1961. Both expansions provided much needed Sunday School classrooms for the growing congregation. In 1987, the present sanctuary was completed to replace the aging 1912 facility. In 2000, the construction of our new educational facility, family life center, and fellowship hall were completed. During the next decade, the population of the Town of Apex is expected to triple, and we feel this latest addition will allow us to accomodate our growing congregation.