History Our story begins in 1882, with a small "band of believers" from McKinney who caught the vision and formed Mount Olive Baptist Church. Located just northwest of the current Hardin/Eldorado intersection, this congregation grew to be one of the strongest churches in the Collin Baptist Association. By 1921, Mount Olive Baptist Church was 149 members strong. Quite a praise for a simple country church! The first decision to move Mt. Olive Baptist Church came in September of 1958, as members agreed to build at the northeast corner of Highway 5 and Country Club Road, in Fairview. Not even a year later, the first Sunday services took place on June 21, 1959. A step of faith, a look into the future. As time passed, and the church became more involved with the community of Fairview, the desire to more closely identify with those being ministered to arose. So, on July 7th of 1965, the members of Mt. Olive Baptist Church made the decision to rename our church to the First Baptist Church of Fairview. Ten years later, there were 125 resident members and an average of 77 people in Sunday School each week. Surely, God had His hand on this growing church. After remodeling and enlarging the facilities for much needed room, the church decided to move to our present location. On September 14, 1986, the doors opened for the first time in the new building God had provided. Formal dedication of the facilities took place two weeks later, on September 28th. A hurdle overcome. A people's faith increased. Over a decade later, a new decision had to be made. We had filled our building to overflowing and the people still kept coming! We learned to be good stewards of our space and developed great patience trying to maneuver through the Sunday morning crowds. Classes squeezed into any and every area available. Business offices transformed into classrooms and the Family Life Center became the Worship Center. Parking became an ever increasing nightmare as cars spilled into the grass and gravel. But, through it all, God's people praised Him. By August of 2000, the pastor had been moved to call for 90 days of prayer and also to form the Open Door Team. The Open Door Team would be crucial in discerning the will of God in this time of decision. Was He calling us to relocate? And if so, were we to purchase an established building or find land on which to build. The faith and trust of the congregation was greatly tested as God moved purposely and deliberately. By November, the Open Door Team sensed that purchasing land was the desired decision. And God proved faithful. On Saturday, March 24, 2001, a unanimous vote from the Open Door Team recommended a purchase of 46 acres off of Hwy 121, just west of Lake Forest. The church agreed fully.