In 1852, Reverend Samuel Hagerman from Huntersville organized an Ada Methodist "class" that met in the old schoolhouse at the corner of Main and Montford streets. When the Presbyterians built the first church in Ada in 1861, the Methodists joined them for worship for about five years. In 1866 the Methodists built their own church, a two-story wooden structure on the corner of Gilbert Street and Highland Avenue. With a growing congregation, a new church was built at the present location, and the large stone structure with its stained-glass windows was dedicated on Sunday, June 18, 1899. Since that time, the (now United) Methodists of Ada have served the surrounding area with its people of agriculture, business, service, and education with vital worship and programs in education and mission. It has been our privilege to live out our call of "Proclaiming Christ, Preparing Disciples". Community Use: Ada First United Methodist Church is pleased to offer its building as a resource for the community. Many groups such as scouts, 4-H, Compassionate Friends and more meet here regularly. The building is available for meetings and dinners on an as-needed basis. A Head Start program is also housed at Ada First.